One of the many things we (Associated Spec Consultants) do is help streamline the specifications process by involving Manufacturers from the time we receive the go ahead on a project. Togther with the ASG, we make this possible in several ways:
1) In conjunction with ASG, we write Manufacturer Product Guide specs, in accordance with MasterFormat.
2) Another thing we do for the ASG is provide Manufacturers the ability to be specified.
- We all know that if you look in any commercial guide spec, that there are hundreds of manufacturers to choose from. Without researching all of them; who do you select as “an equal” to your Basis of Design?
- Manufacturers pay to be placed in those commercial guide specs with no result. We give you an opportunity to be specified as a Basis of Design or an “equal to” the Basis of Design.
3) Another thing we do for the ASG is what we call the “Presentation Funnel”. We currently work with Architects all across the country funneling presentations through us at ASC to their firms. The process for this is as follows:
- We have a database of presentations that we have seen first hand and it is at the Architects’ disposal. We will offer presentations that have already been approved and registered by the AIA.
- As an Architect, you call us for a presentation that you plan to present to your firm on an as needed basis. For instance you may be working on a project and you need a firm wide presentation on a Division 07 product or you need a presentation on Moisture Mitigation; we can offer these to you prescreened at no charge.
- We also have a list of presentations that have been prescreened that you can call and set up monthly firm wide presentations based on your calendar and future needs.
- Or simply call or email for your required learning units to receive a list of our presentations to dispurse among your colleagues.
4) And lastly but not least, another assistance we provide to the ASG is hosting our ASG Client Spec Conference for Architects/Manufactures/Distributors/Reps. We are planning trips all over the country in 2013 in a city near you. Here Architects evaluate products based on their needs for projects in 2013. So, there will be an expo that will display some of the latest products. These preferred Manufacturers and Reps are hand selected by us at Associated Spec Consultants.
So let us assist you with not only your specification needs, but your product needs as well.
Email us about any of the above to find out more information.
- Limited scope projects
- Outline Specs
- Small projects
- Full Language Specs
- Privately bid projects
- Publicly bid projects
- Efficient format (In-House Guide Specs) *
- Open product descriptions
- Military Specs including SpecsIntact Specs
- Dept of General Services Projects
- General Services Administration Projects
- State and local government projects
Architectural Spec Group (ASG) Services
- Preferred network of Architects, Specifiers and Manufacturers
- Database of AIA approved presentations
- The “Presentation Funnel” – screening presentations before Mfrs come to your office to present
- Presentations based on your specific needs and requirements
- mini AIA CES & Expo – coming to a city near you. Arhitects can earn LUs from a broad range of presentations in our 2 day conference and expo.
- Building Owners
- Product Manufacturers
* We have created our own in-house guide specs by taking the best of MasterSpec, Spectext and field experiences and combining them. You may use MatserSpec or Spectext; we use both and include on-site experiences communicated directly from job sites as well as up-to-date information coming from our reps.
St. Lucia – Piton Volcano
ASC – PRESS RELEASE
Phase 1 complete – pressure wash the entire bldg
Our New Home
2766 E. High Street, Pottstown, PA 19464
OH NO! What did Arcom MasterSpec do?
- Premium (formerly “Full Length”) – representing the most comprehensive master specification text available.
- Professional (formerly “Short Form”) – representing full but streamlined specification text for typical projects and contractual requirements.
Logo competition: We are giving away a $100.00 gift card to anyone who can develop an Associated Spec Consultants (ASC) logo for our company. Deadline for the competition is October 31, 2012
ASC Client Appreciation Golf Outing – September, 2012
Venue – Brantwyn Estate at DuPont CC
Todd sits and waits for the green flag warm-up laps at Pocono
150 mph on Turn 3 topped the speeds for the day
- 10 Rittenhouse Square, Philly
10 Rittenhouse Square, Philly
Project Photos – Pinterest
ASC 5th Annual Client Appreciation Golf Outing
September 24, 2012
DuPont CC – Wilmington, DE
$10,000 Hole-In-One prize available including others
(call for more information)
ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT:
ASC & ASG host 1st of many mini AIA CES & Expo for Architects. Here Architects can receive up to 9 LUs; thank you to the 30 Mfrs making this possible. If you need any information about becoming one of the hand selected presentations or table top displays, send us an email or call.
Where: Holiday Inn – Old City
400 Arch Street
When: November 15 & 16, 2011
Cost: Free to registered Architects
If you would like us to host this event in a city near you, please feel free to email or call and let us know.
- ASC helps a local college with defective gypsumboard in one of their residence halls. The product is in the lab and being tested to find out who’s product it is and why it is delaminating.
- Associated Spec Consultants awarded the project of writing the master guide spec for Dean Column, Lally Lock System.
- Associated Spec Consultants teams up with InSoFast to write their new product specs. This system is very innovative and will increase the R value in your walls while saving cost when compared to all the components of a typical wall system. With this “system” your components are already tied together.
- Associated Spec Consultants’ Annual Client Appreciation Golf Outing is on the calendar. We will be raising money for the B+ Foundation.September 26, 2011
DuPont Country Club
Shotgun start – 11:00 am
- Manufacturers and Product Reps – give us a call to discuss how we can increase sales. FREE!
Happy Holidays from all of us here at ASC
Maryland Forensics Center (Architect – Gaudreau, Inc.)
October 1995 & 1997 re-cover
lower roof and transitions at clerestory windows
- Partner Todd Maxey and Specifier Jay Foster have been selected as committee members on the National Specifications Protocol Initiative (NSPI) committee. Todd and Jay were selected from entries around the nation to be on a 15 person committee to discuss and create a solution to help close the gap between specifiers and manufacturers. The goal of this committee is to develop 15 sub-committees of the Design, Specify, Build (DSB) community to help tackle this problem. See us at www.cspecs.com
- Specifier, Joe Monaghan, reaches 2 years with the company – May 5, 2010
Thanks for your dedication, Joe!
- CertainTeed launches “CertaSpec” – comprehensive online roofing specification writing tool.
- CertainTeed partners with “LiveRoof” – integrated green roofing system designed by growers and construction engineers. This is a tray system and comes with a complete system warranty including the waterproofing if the entire system is done with CertainTeed.
- ASC is now connected with Skype. This application allows us to video conference with others, at no cost, as long as all parties are using Skype. This is available for a free download at skype [dot] com.
- Associated Spec Consultants enters car in Toyota Racing [dot] com’s SPONSAFIER competition. Click links below to see our design. To enter your own car, go to sponsafier.com
Side Profile Hood Decklid Rear Nose
- ASC would like to thank our Reps for making the golf outing a huge success.
- ASC Would like to also thank our clients for the opportunity.
Annual Client Appreciation Golf Outing
The DuPont Country Club, Wilmington, DE
- Our specifiers went through a tour and a hands-on demo, installing APP and SBS torch applied commercial roofs thanks to CertainTeed.
Todd with the torch - video
Jay with the torch - video
- Specifier, Kevin Villalba, reaches 5 years with the company – June 26, 2009
Thanks for your dedication, Kevin!
Please feel free to explore the tabs to learn more about who we are. In short we are Associated Spec Consultants; writing and evaluating architectural specifications daily. Along with industry experts we have also formed a group recognized in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) community as the Architectural Spec Group (ASG). ASG is determined to help bring a recognized standard to the construction industry known through time as MasterFormat. Along with our partners in ASG we also will try to bridge the disconnects in the AEC community by offering additional services to our clients.
With the technology we have today and the automation of virtually everything we do or touch, ASG is at the forefront and is willing to be here for all AEC community members. Call us and ask how, and we’ll blow your socks off at what we have to offer to Architects and Manufacturers.